It's been a while here at my blogs. I haven't been able to update much of the content, but i'll try my best to update everything about my RO adventures. For a meanwhile, i'll go off-topic about RO and blog about my new internet connection.
GLOBE BROADBAND
Yeah, I finally have an internet connection at home (again!), and this time it's broadband. It was suppose to be last week, but the SIM card that came with the modem wasn't activated yet, so they have to return another week just for it to be activated. Finally, today, I was able to set everything up, with one day of call barrages and bloody encounters. =D
Anyway, I tried to test the connection this afternoon. Too bad the weather came up bad this evening, but it was fast enough. Here's my rough draft of the situation:
3:00PM
- I plugged it onto my PC, without the external antenna. Guess what? No signal. I tried configuring it to GPRS, and dial-up was much faster.
3:30PM
- I tried plugging it with the external antenna. It boasts a 667 Kbps, and the weather was quite clear. Downloading files was no problem.
4:00PM
- I tried plugging it to my mom's laptop without the external antenna. Open area, same speed of 667 Kbps but with downloading problems. I guess that the mini antenna was worthless.
6:00PM
- The external antenna of the modem came in real quick, so I installed it immediately. I tried plugging it onto my PC, but the weather changed, so it was laggy all of a sudden. But still, surfing was no big problem. Only downloading was my concern.
Overall, what I can say about Globe Broadband... time will tell. I still have to test it for 2 more weeks. I'll keep you guys informed. I believe the speed will vary based from where you're located. If your Globe signal is low, don't expect much from it.
I'll post more next time. Ciao!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment