Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Abyss Lake Adventures

(Post edit: this post came out a bit late. Damn Photobucket for having a maintenance on Wednesdays... >_<)

Resuming my weekly update post is my adventures in Abyss Lake. I used my Knight to take on the perilous cave of the dragons. Two weeks ago, the pRO GM team made a "Master of Dragon" event wherein you'll hunt dragons for their loots, and exchange them for experience points. I tried the quest to see if it's viable, but I set my eyes instead on another goal - Stone Bucklers.

Seeing Doddler's recent posts in his journal made me wonder if my Knight could do the same, even if she was lacking Brandish Spear. I captured some screenshots of her progress:

(Detale is pretty big for a dragon. I mean, he's freakin' huge!)


(Taking on a Gold Acidus, my main experience source.)

(Seeing this made me develop some allergies on dragons...)


I faired up pretty well in this place, even though I lacked a Sky Petite shield. I'll return to this place on a modified EXP week to level up here. Currently, this are all the equipment I had:

Greedy Alice Doll (Cramp)
Robo Eye
Iron Cane
+4 Arctic Silk Robe (Garm)
+10 Quadruple Dragoon Pike (Earth Petite)
Rigid Guard (Thief Bug Egg)
+4 Immune Muffler (Raydric)
Green Boots (Matyr)
Ring of Muscle (Mantis)
Double-Forced Ring (Tarou)

My strategy was to dish out as much damage with pierce. Garm armor will make sure the mobs stay away from me. Luckily, in the third level of the dungeon, mobs are at a really low chance. Taking out monsters here are easy, provoking them for added damage. Gold Acidus are much more tastier, since they're weak to Cursed Water. Plus, they drop Stone Bucklers, which are good sellers.

UPDATE (March 19): I updated my equipment. Here's how it goes right now:

Dragoon Helm (+20% more damage against dragons)
Robo Eye
Iron Cane
+4 Arctic Silk Robe (Garm)
+10 Quadruple Dragoon Pike (Earth Petite)
+4 Stone Buckler of Dragoon (Sky Petite)
+4 Immune Muffler (Raydric)
Green Boots (Matyr)
Ring of Muscle (Mantis)
Double-Forced Ring (Tarou)

I'm hoping to replace the Tarou ring with another Ring of Muscle, and upgrade the boots so I'll have a much more decent DEF rating. I recently obtained a Sky Petite card for a cheap price, having obtained a Stone Buckler already from the Gold Acidus there. I'll try to hunt a lot more Stone Bucklers, especially that this week is a modified EXP and DROP rate, and Bubble Gums are on sale.

The only things to avoid there are Hydrolancers and Detale. The rest are manageable, although my main focus is with the Green/Red Ferus and the Gold Acidus.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to do a post update regarding Abyss Lake, since I'm going to make my Knight go 99 there. Ciao!

No comments: