Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Post

Hello again! Today is Wednesday, and rather than bore myself to death waiting for the weekly maintenance of pRO to finish, I rather post some content in this blog to ease some time out.

Time to do some more catch-up posts!

Last week, I did a write-up on my High Priest and some random pics along with it. Today, I will write on how End of Time (my champ) got her aura and Miyuki's adventures in Abyss Lake.


This is my champ at her final level. It was really hard for me to pull this one off, especially with the scarcity of supplies. Luckily, there were a few of my friends (and clients in biolabs) that were able to provide supplies and support. I only needed the experience, I did the entire service at no extra charge. (Even when I reached 99, I am still doing my biolabs services for free, in my champ's case. Just provide all the supplies needed)

It was modified EXP week at that time, so having the biolabs crowded made it easier for me to gather monsters at a safe vantage point. If that were to be a normal day, biolabs would have been crowded with many bio monsters instead of players. :D


End of Time taking on the mini boss version of the High Wizard. Most players would run away from this monstrosity, because her Storm Gust hurts like hell... but not me. With the proper stat build and the proper equipment, you can take out the High Wizard solo, like this in my case.

I used the following gear:

- Silk Robe of Zephyrus (to lower the damage of Storm Gust)
- Genie's Wool Scarf (again, to lower the damage even further)
- +4 Valkyria's Shield of Royal Guard (She's a boss type, I needed to lower the damage further)
- +4 Tidal Shoes of Wonderer (More HP, to tank the Storm Gust)
- +5 Brave Battlefield Morningstar
- Fatasm Alice Doll
- Robo Eye
- 2 pcs Nimble Orleans' Glove

Strategy: It's OK if you become frozen in her Storm Gust, since her Lord of Vermillion is rather weak (even at Level 20). The Silk Robe and Wool Scarf helps counter the damage of LoV. You just have to be at constant potion use and pull off as many Finger Offensives as you can, and don't forget to use Aspersio or Cursed Water! When she uses Quagmire, stop attacking and move out of range. The end result:

(A dead High Wizard.)

I wasn't able to get an exact screenshot of her last 0.1% experience, but I do manage to get her final shot at it.

(Although I missed some of it...)

Things to remember while inside biolabs (in pRO Valkyrie, as a champ):

- Always make sure you wear a Garm-carded armor at all times. Switching is your best friend. In this case, you also need to pair up with a Dokkaebi-carded armor. I suggest Silk Robe since it has high MDEF against normal High Wizards. You'll need it to defend yourself against the dreaded Frost Diver-Jupitel Thunder combo.

- Take a spot, and don't wander around too much. You'll lure unwanted attention unless you can take them out. What I mean about this, are Lord Knights and Assassin Cross, which are of a different race from the rest of the monsters here (they're demon classes). With this in mind, prepare to arm yourself with a Strouf-carded weapon. Stunner or Morningstar would be great.

- When encountering mini bosses such as the Lord Knight, Assassin Cross and the Mastersmith, don't panic. If you can't take them out and you're sure that you'll die from them, let them kill you. If you have the equipment, and there are others willing to take it out, act as a tank (in the form of Steel Body) and tank all the way. You'll need these equipment for those three (since the other three are weak, and I already discussed how to kill the High Wizard):

* Pecopeco-carded Armor (You'll need lots of HP for tanking. If you have low VIT, go for the Succubus combo).
* Alice-carded Shield (They're boss types. You'll need to lower the damage even further)
* Raydric-carded Wool Scarf with a Green Ferus-carded Tidal Shoes (More HP, and damage reduction)
* 2 pcs Necklaces of Spore or 2 pcs Safety Ring or 2 pcs Neo Safety Ring (I rather prefer the Spore Necklace because of the HP, but one would resort to using the rental ring because it has more DEF)

Steel Body will lessen the damage from these monsters greatly. Then have someone take it out with EF shots. Just make sure that you constantly punch the monster so that it won't be lured away. Doing this will save you a lot of time and energy in biolabs, and less hassle as well. God help you, though, if it was the MVP family. I suggest RUN like hell away from them, unless you have an entire group of MVP killers to assist you.

- You'll never know if a monster has Assumptio or not, so when you see a High Priest bio monster along with a pack of other monsters, DO NOT approach them head on. Instead, extract the High Priest away from them and kill it (if you can). Then go away from the area and move on to the next. If you're sure that you can take out the monster with Lex Aeterna/EF, then do so. This might work with Snipers, High Priests and High Wizards (in the High Wizard's case, you do Finger Offensive with elemental attribute, not EF) but I don't think it'll work most of the time with Mastersmiths and Lord Knights. They have rather very high HP.

- Always tag along with a High Priest for support, unless you can go solo and burn cash along in the process. Free Assumptio is always good!

Just comment along if you have other ideas or suggestions (even questions). Next post, Miyuki's adventures in Abyss Lake!

No comments: